A few minutes ago Bishop Arakel Karamyan called up Hetq to express his displeasure with an article that appeared yesterday entitled “Catholicos Garegin II at Kecharis”.
In the article, we had reported that Bishop Arakel, the Primate of Kotayk, had told us that he had no knowledge of the recent visit of the Catholicos to Kecharis. Bishop Arakel now claims he said no such thing.
This is the phone conversation that just took place:
- This is Bishop Arakel calling from the Kotayk Diocese. You wrote that I had no knowledge of the visit of the Catholicos to Kecharis. Aren’t you ashamed? Of course I knew. When you called me I told you I wouldn’t give any information over the phone. Couldn’t you have just written that much?
- Yes, you said no information over the phone. Then I asked you the question and you answered, “I wasn’t present and know nothing about the visit.” There’s a recording of that conversation.
- Listen to me. Are you a child of the devil or what?
- Don’t offend me. You basically lied by saying you weren’t there. Now, after the article was published, you decide that you were there?
- It’s shameful. You don’t believe in God and have no moral values. Be silent, shut up.
After this exchange, Hetq Chief Editor Edik Baghdasaryan called Bishop Arakel, demanding that he refrain from verbally abusing this reporter.
Bishop Arakel responded that the reporter had “gotten under his skin” and that he was driven to express his emotions in such a fashion.
Edik Baghdasaryan told Bishop Arakel that he had lied about not knowing of the visit of the Catholicos to Kecharis and that Hetq had merely printed his lie.
When Baghdasaryan told the Kotayk Primate that he would be better off not allowing a restaurant to be built at Kecharis rather than cursing out reporters, Bishop Arakel answered that he wasn’t in Armenia at the time.
Viewed 3893 times Russian Security Forces Arrest Levon Hayrapetyan at Moscow Airport
Viewed 2426 times Brother of Levon Hayrapetyan: ‘His Arrest was Politically Motivated’
Viewed 2003 times Armenian Defense Minister:'Latest Azerbaijani Infiltration Into Karvatchar Probably Not the First'
Viewed 1618 times Karabakh Prosecutor's Office Launches Criminal Case Against Azerbaijani "Saboteurs"
Viewed 1438 times Artsakh Soldier Dies from Unspecified Gunshot Wound
Viewed 1417 times Disrobing for the Sake of Art is Not Shameful, Says Belarusian Actor About Her Breakout Role