Baku Announces Details of Peace Proposal to Armenia: No Future Territorial Claims
Azerbaijan has released the five points of a peace treaty proposal it has offered Armenia.
Leyla Abdullayeva, Head of Azerbaijan’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs Press Service, in a press interview today, said the five ponts are:
- Mutual recognition of respect for the sovereignty, territorial integrity, inviolability of internationally recognized borders and political independence of each other.
- Mutual confirmation of the absence of territorial claims against each other and acceptance of legally binding obligations not to raise such a claim in future.
- Obligation to refrain in their inter-State relations from undermining the security of each other, from threat or use of force both against political independence and territorial integrity, and in any other manner inconsistent with the Purposes of the UN Charter.
- Delimitation and demarcation of the state border, and establishment of the diplomatic relations.
- Unblocking of the transportation and other communications, building other communications as appropriate, and establishment of cooperation in other fields of mutual interest.